IELTS Speaking Part 2: Describe an Animal

IELTS Speaking Part 2: Describe an Animal. Among the most popular IELTS 2-minutes topics, this one is included in exam 2016. It used to be a part of 2015 speaking exam as well. Prepare for this topic in advance so that you might obtain the highest band in this exam section. Good luck!
Pet is what you get
Image credit: Unsplash

IELTS Speaking Part 2: Describe an Animal

Describing an object or an animal.
Q-card. Describe a wild animal that can be found in your country. You should say:
  • what it looks like
  • where it lives
  • what you like or don’t like about it
and explain ho people in your country generally feel about it.

Describe an Animal IELTS response by video bloggers

Video describe your favourite pet by Hoang Anh

Video credit: Hoang Anh

Video response transcript

Hello, everyone!Welcome to my first recording of, well, the IELTS test. Well, I’ll try to, you know, start from this very first recording, trying to record myself answering an IELTS topic, with natural setting, I’m not really prepared for… I don’t really have a script, I just talk as things come to my mid. So, no preparation, no anything, due to, you know, the natural speech, would look like. So, today I’ll talk about the topic I’ve written in the ABOUT section of the youtube video, it’s about describing my favorite animal. I don’t have the paper here, so there’s a screen up there showing me questions. So, I’ll have one minute to prepare for this topic, and two minutes to talk on this. But I’ll be very boring if you watch me to preparing for one minute, absolutely frightening, like this, not good at all, not healthy at all. But, so and so, I should start now. I’ll read the question first in case you don’t know where to find the question about section.

Describe your favourite animal.

You should say:
  • What kind of animal is it.
  • Describe it briefly.
Why do you like the animal?

OK, so, let’s start. I’ll try and time myself on my cell phone here, oh it’s that now. OK. So, you’ve asked me about the animal I like. 
It is pretty easy for me. I often like lions, because it’s a symbol of power and strength. The embodiment of power, of pride, they are often called Kings of savanna, because the savanna is the natural habitat of lions.

Describe this lion briefly

Well, lions are mammals, they are pretty strong, and fast, and the biggest difference between male and female lions is that male lions have longer furs, and they are bigger in size. About the behaviors of female and male lions, females hunt for prey, for food, for whole pride, while male lions just stay at home, keep watching their territory, and safeguard the whole pride. So, they essentially do nothing except protecting their pride, the group of lions, a family.

Why do you like this animal

Well, it’s partly in the answer I provided before, I like the animal at first because it looks majestic, and, second, it has a lot of meaning attached to it: in all cultures lions symbolized pride and power, and royalty, ect. So I like the animal, especially when I was small, I watched the movie Lion King, and it was quite awesome, Lion King stick till now.That’s my answer. Well, it’ exactly one minute fifty eight seconds. I’ve talked for two minutes, and two minutes up. I hope that it may be of some use to somebody, and this is my first recording, and there are lots of mistakes here. Well, that’s it. If you want me to do a particular IELTS test topic, than please comment below. Well, see you again. I’ll try to do it if I have enough free time.

Video describe your favourite pet by Sunny Sing

Video credit: Learn IELTS with Sunny Sing

Video describe an animal by Inmovil Box

Video credit: Inmovil Box

Video transcript, for your convenience

I’m going to talk about important animals in people’s lives. I brought some images to represent some of the aspects of those animals can bring in your life that can improve it in a positive manner. First of all, I brought an image that shows a cat held by a person because pet’s an animal, tend to be a companion, and it may help a lot with lonely people, to have someone or something, in this case, to hug. Then I brought this image and I chose a child feeding a dog, this can teach children how to be responsible, and that’s very important in this time, and it further improves lives of people. Finally, this image represents bond between people and animals, which is an important part of having a pet, the bond that you grow with them, and how you can improve your relationships with people, when you learn to trust animals. Well, that’s it from me, thank you.

Hey there, I'm Nick!

Share This Post

Comments

2 comments: